Warm Fuzzies

Thursday, June 01, 2006









Banner Courtesy of Chaotic Home

In Winnipeg, my hometown, we are considered the Slurpee Capital of Canada. We only have approximately 4 months of Spring/Summer if we are lucky. The rest of the year we are subjected to below zero temperatures, with extreme windchill and record breaking lows. It is not uncommon to wake up to -35 degrees Celsius while we shudder at having to warm up our vehicle and dress up our kids! Many people wonder how there could be a large city in such harsh weather conditions-I think a better question would be, why do we love Slurpee's so much! We must all be addicted to the cold, however, whether it's -35, or +35 we still line up for Slurpee's! If a visitor would like to know how we know spring has arrived, all one needs to do is drive by the local 7-11 and look for the line extending all the way out the door with people holding Slurpees! They are in line in business suits, jeans, shorts, skateboards, dresses-with Slurpee's there are no boundaries! So my Meme today celebrates the Slurpee!

13 Flavors of SLURPEE

1. Pepsi

2. Coke

3. Sprite

4. Orange

5. Grape

6. Cream Soda

7. Dr. Pepper

8. Root Beer

9. Electric Blue

10. Gatorade Lime

11. Bubble Gum

12. Cherry

13. Cotton Candy

My personal FAVE-a Mix of Dr. Pepper, Pepsi, and Grape!



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!











17 Comments:

  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger Kim said…

    interesting mix for your favorite slurpee...

    I usually go for blue raspberry (electric blue?) or Cream Soda...people here in Ottawa love a good Slurpee too, but I've got to say that I've never seen a long line-up outside the 7-11!

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Scouser said…

    What is a Slurpee?? Thank you for visiting my T13

     
  • At 11:15 AM, Blogger Warm Fuzzies said…

    Hello!
    A Slurpee is basically a slushee...a mix of crushed ice and flavoring. They are the best!

    Thanks for visiting!

     
  • At 11:25 AM, Blogger Sonya said…

    Yummy! Have you tried all of them? I love slurpees, but hate when you drink them to fast and get brain freeze.

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger PixiePincessMom said…

    Ewwwwww, grape w/Pepsi & Dr Pepper?

    Never heard of a cream soada slurpee but gosh that sounds yummy!

    I haven't had a slurpee in years; wonder if there are still 7-11's around here. Might need to go look that up!

     
  • At 1:04 PM, Blogger Mrs. Cranky Pants said…

    For Slurpees I've gotta have Cherry Coke. Nothing else will do it for me.

     
  • At 1:25 PM, Blogger Froggie Mama said…

    Brrr! Is it really that cold?

    I didn't even know they had that many flavors! Interesting! I bet I'd really like the DP one! YUM!

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger Natsthename said…

    Sheesh, I thought Cherry, Coke, and the blue one were the only ones! I'd love to try the Dr. Pepper one! YUM!!

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger Suzy said…

    A gatorade flavored slurpee?!? How bizarre! Is it good?

     
  • At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Karen said…

    I always like Blue- whatever flavor it may be!

     
  • At 7:31 PM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said…

    Hmmmm....Slurpee! We have that here too at 7-11. It's a 24 hour store.
    Thanks for dropping by.

     
  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger Lazy Daisy said…

    Totally hilarious. Wow, can't believe there are that many flavors!

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess said…

    Mmmm, cream soda flavor sounds really good. This makes me want to go to the 7-11 just down the road and get an icee--coke flavor.

     
  • At 11:14 PM, Blogger Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) said…

    gotta love slurpees!! :)

    that colour font was really hard for me to read on my screen - don't know if it was hard for anyone else..

     
  • At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very nice site!
    » » »

     
  • At 3:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Best regards from NY! » » »

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home